Re: [PCM16] Etapes de trekbmc

Messagepar Sazee » 19 Mai 2017, 11:08

:love: :love: :love:

Sazee
Maillot à pois

Messagepar Trekbmc » 19 Mai 2017, 20:58

Thanks a lot guys! :)

Somebody requested that I make a WC route out of the race with an ITT as well, so I have now. :)

The ITT is a little on the short side (mostly due to the lack of places in the area for a long race) as well but it should be good enough. :)

Tórshavn World Championships

And an extra screenshot I pinched from the ITT route :)

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?dz2sd7yd5dyhxiu

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Flo76 » 20 Mai 2017, 09:53

Very nice races, Faroe Islands are very beautiful ! But I have a technical question, what is the max alt. on your race ? Because you can't have alt. higher than 250 meters with heightmap . I have test many Heightmap with differents country like Guyane, Iceland, but we can't have right alt.

Flo76
Jersey rojo

Messagepar Trekbmc » 20 Mai 2017, 11:42

Thanks! :)

The max altitude was only 112 metres for this race, although it is possible to exceed 250 metres if you really want by editing each route point (even making this stage I edited route points because it'll make it easier if I make more stages in the area). :)

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Flo76 » 20 Mai 2017, 11:59

Ah, you chose Faroe Island for the alt. ? And you try to upload .gpx with your heightmap, because in my test, I can't

Flo76
Jersey rojo

Messagepar Trekbmc » 20 Mai 2017, 12:05

Didn't choose it for alt. at all, I've actually put the roads in for another stage (not sure whether I'll make it in the end though), that has altitudes over 250m.

I don't understand what you mean about the .gpx file?

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Flo76 » 20 Mai 2017, 12:13

I want to say, how you did to make the right road of the Island, because when I have test to upload a gpx on a heightmap it doesn't work !

Flo76
Jersey rojo

Messagepar Trekbmc » 20 Mai 2017, 12:47

Ah, I get it now. I used Sporting Nonsense's method here: http://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.ph ... d_id=41726 which doesn't involve gpx files at all.

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Trekbmc » 07 Nov 2017, 21:07

Had a bit of fun and got creative with my route presentation. :P

The beautiful Eastern European City of Prague hosted the 1981 World Championships, it was a milestone in many fronts, particularly due to Communist links. The route showcased the fantastic views over the rooftops of the city by climbing the city hills, where renowned sprinter Freddy Maertens was victorious in the peloton's sprint up the final climb, triumphing over Giuseppe Saronni and Bernard Hinault.

The Course

The route is 21 laps of a 13 kilometre course, which, on paper looks very difficult as legs are worn down over many laps, however it is really a punchy sprinter's dream in disguise, the climbs aren't quite as tough as they look and the 1981 winner Freddy Maertens certainly was a sprinter. That's not saying puncheurs don't have a chance though, as the distance and relentless course can benefit their classics legs.

The Climbs

The climb round the Stadion Evžena Rošického is the first climb on the course, but it's the least significant of the three, 700 metres long but only 5.3%, however it's placement at the beginning of the lap can make it the difference between riders tired from the main climb staying in the pack or not, as well as being the most important for the formation of the early breakaway.

However, the climb's real benefit lies in the wonderful views through gaps in the forest over the city of Praha, as the riders can take in the wonderful viewtops if they have the energy and television cameras will give the audience sweeping panoramas over the city.

No time for the peloton to admire the view - the Stadion Evžena Rošického is about to begin

Our second obstacle of the course is more interesting, after the riders turn onto Plzeňská, known for it's tramtracks along the length of the road, they quickly turn off again, up Vyhlídka. the shortest named climb on the course, it's also the steepest, averaging 6.5% over 500 metres as it climbs past office and apartment buildings.

The peloton accelerates as they begin Vyhlídka

The climb is over in a flash though, basically a quick sprint for the peloton, before a lighting decent back onto Plzeňská, if anybody has the legs, it's an opportunity to make a difference before the final climb but likely the peloton will be going so fast an attack is almost impossible!

Straight back down the climb

Plzeňská's well-known tram won't be running today

Then of course comes the final and biggest obstacle of the course, 21 times up Hybšmanka is the biggest threat to sprinting legs and the final sprint up it is not for the faint of heart. It's only 1.2 kilometres at 5.4% but there are flatter sections as well as a spike near 9%, it'll be a true test of the riders so the World Champion will deserve their jersey as only the strongest riders will still be well-positioned for the final few hundred metres of nearly flat roads at the crest of the climb.

Wide roads and beautiful back-drops will create a wonderful atmosphere for the fans and riders on Hybšmanka

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ql5zctl2 ... 1%20WC.rar

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Sazee » 08 Nov 2017, 13:04

I'm in love :shock:

Sazee
Maillot à pois

Messagepar S12 » 10 Nov 2017, 21:46

It's a huge and very good work. Anyway, i think there are a lot of houses and buildings, and it would be nice to see monuments, more churches or more parks and little green zones. But it's anyway a masterpiece :love:

S12
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Flo76 » 12 Nov 2017, 18:35

Sorry to answer at your beautiful creation only today ! It's a perfect WC, you choice a city a bit forget by the stagemakers, and me also, I don't know the landscape but it's look very realist ! You put some details in particular in the climb with some fences ... Nice come back, I hope you product more in the future :ok: :P

Flo76
Jersey rojo

Messagepar Trekbmc » 04 Jan 2018, 09:00

I'm really sorry I missed replying to these posts, slipped past me. Thank you very much for the kind posts guys! :)

@S12 - Thanks a lot, I can understand what you mean about having some more monuments, parks, etc. will try to include more.

@Flo - Thanks! Yeah, I think Czech Republic (and Prague) but also the whole of Eastern Europe has many wonderful and beautiful routes that aren't often made and I'm trying to use some of their wonderful routes now for races. :)

Lossi Classic

A classic race through Estonia's second largest city, Tartu. The route showcases the entire city, across both sides of the Emajõgi river and through both the old and new city. It's a race for the roleurs, with difficult cobbles throughout - especially the steep main attraction, Lossi Hill. Even the sprint will be influenced by the bluestones, with a sector during the final kilometre.

The Course

The route starts on the East side of the river, before immediately turning right and crossing onto the more populated West, heading along the riverbank of the edge of the Old Town before shooting off towards the forests on the edge of the city.

It wouldn't be a tour of the city without leaving the city

From there, the race turns South back into the old town, with the first cobbled sector being the downhill Oru, but with more sectors following after, it's a key point to position yourself well for the descent.

A rough prelude to Lossi Hill

And at the bottom of Oru the riders enter the old city, where fans will flock to watch the race from cafes and even from their windows, as the riders bounce across Ülikooli.

A beautiful atmosphere will greet the riders in the Old Town

And the riders swing sharply right onto Lossi Hill, the steepest section of the race with a maximum gradient of 8.6%, however the heavy riders will be glad to know that it's over in an instant - only a few hundred metres before the riders exit under the arch. The cobbles keep going but at least the hill is done, however the crest allows an opportunity for attacks on the hill to open up a gap, as riders who dug too deep going up will have to keep going.

The roleurs have to suffer a little - Lossi hill is short but brutal

And the riders turn right back around and descend into the newer commercial hub of the city, it's a fast smooth descent that'll be a joy for the riders after the sprint up Lossi. It's the chance for a break to consolidate a sprint and for riders to close any gaps that may have formed.

Then the riders cross back to the East side of the river and pass some farms and less maintained - though sealed - roads, the flat may be a blessing to the legs of those who can hide away, but for a breakaway it will pose a challenge, especially if there's a little wind blowing across the fields.

Long, flat and potentially windy sections through fields will punish a late breakaway

Anybody who survives 217km of that course will be greeted with 1 more kilometre, which is half cobbled, so that even the finale benefits the hardmen.

Not such a welcome sight for the sprinters

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/scjutefju ... llenge.zip

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Flo76 » 04 Jan 2018, 11:53

Very beautiful your race is modelized perfectly :up

Flo76
Jersey rojo

Messagepar Elias » 06 Jan 2018, 05:39

Wonderful :love: It is always good to have such good races in exotic countries (for cycling) like Estonia. :)

Keep up the good work !

Elias
Maillot jaune

Messagepar Trekbmc » 08 Jan 2018, 09:39

Thank you very much guys! :)

@Elias: Thanks, areas like Eastern Europe have so many nice routes which I love to make, that are often overlooked in favour of the more common cycling countries. :)

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Trekbmc » 08 Mar 2018, 07:43

I'm now on my way to making a zcts of the Alpine Region of Victoria and surrounds, but to keep my motivation fueled I decided to split the stagemaking into several classics, the first of which is the Three Peaks Challenge (the route is also known as Alpine Classic 250/Extreme, Three Peaks and about a thousand other names it seems), based on a real-life sportif which coincidently takes place this weekend. :P

Three Peaks Challenge

Beginning at the top of Falls Creek, the race loops round, topping Tawonga Gap before two of the toughest climbs in Victoria, or even Australia, Mount Hotham and the Back of Falls Creek, before finishing in the Alpine village of Falls Creek. The final kilometres of the stage are diificult, but more suited to high power riders and puncheurs rather than climbers, though they should be dropped on the difficult climbs beforehand.

The Course

As mentioned, the race kicks off at the summit of Falls Creek, known for it's great skiing, the riders immediately take the fast descent down into Mount Beauty.

The early descent could force some riders to step out very early

Out of Mount Beauty, the riders take on Tawonga Gap, the shortest and easiest climb of the stage, but still a very difficult heartstarter which will likely decide who figures in the break.

At over 7% for 7km, Tawonga Gap will make sure your legs are up to scratch

After Tawonga, there are some flat kilometres as the riders turn towards Mount Hotham, we traverse some small towns such as Smoko and Harrietville.

Then right out of Harrietville, Mount Hotham! Over 27km of climbing, broken up into three sections, 9 consistently hard kilometres, 9 kilometres of false flat and 9 kilometres with some very steep pitches but a few descents as well. There's still over 100 kilometres left when the riders summit it, but some brave riders may be motivated by the difficulty.

An early springboard or a chance to apply for Sky's TDF squad?

There's a plateau on the top of Mount Hotham, lending the climb that the riders descend next, Dinner Plain, it's name, though there is also an Alpine resort by that name. The descent has a few uphill portions in it and is very long, as the riders make their way into Omeo.

The long, long descent of Dinner Plain into Omeo

Coming out of Omeo the riders tackle a short climb before tracing some very windy roads through the tiny town of Angler's Rest and finally onto the star of the stage, the back of Falls Creek. The first 9km are at roughly 11% average before the climb levels out with many false flats and inconsistencies in a difficult finish.

The stage finishes in the Alpine village of Falls Creek with some beautiful views in the final kilometres, particularly overlooking and crossing the Rocky Valley Storage Reservoir, the latter sections of the stage are loosely 'flat' so the finale will actually suit the strongest riders who actually make it up the first 9km of the climb.

The final sprint along the edge of the reservoir

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/npfrmx8mb ... llenge.zip

The plan now is to continue building a zcts file of this region and surrounds, which might mean I post some more information, some previews or some more classics mountainous Aussie classics in the near future, though I suppose I'm not the best at following my plans. :P

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Tilo » 12 Mar 2018, 20:53

ça pique au jambe comme course :ok:

Tilo
Directeur sportif

Messagepar Wings » 12 Mar 2018, 20:54

Very nice atmosphere as usual :o

Wings
Légende du Gruppetto

Messagepar Elias » 14 Mar 2018, 04:05

Very nice. :) I didn't know Australia could offer such hard routes like this one.

Elias
Maillot jaune

144 messages
Retourner vers Showrooms