Fantasy Datase Generator

De la simple database de l'Inconnu aux gros packs communautaires comme la FCD, retrouvez ici toutes les DB pour Pro Cycling Manager !

Modérateur: Animateurs bases de données

Fantasy Datase Generator

Messagepar Trekbmc » 01 Nov 2016, 19:50

Posted this on daily originally, but now that it's nearly complete (just some testing with potentials that may take some time to do, as well as some potential additional features such as national champions, favourite weather and teams) I figured I'd share it here as well. :)

This is an excel file that generates a realistic list of riders for a fantasy database. :)

Instructions:

- Press the F9 key and wait for the file to finish calculating to create a new list of riders
- The sheet titled StatsDB contains the basic database so you can filter it and look at the rider stats
- Sheet CopyDB contains the data formatted correctly to copy directly into the excel editor
- Don't go to the other sheets unless you want to break something (or change the formulas, but good luck working out my mess of sheets :P).

Current Features: (To be updated)

- Generates a realistic list of over 3000 riders
- Names, Ages, Birthdates, Nationalities, Potentials and Stats for each rider

---

Credits to Cyanide for the rider names, the EP for data on ages and nationalities and the few people who have posted similar things in the past (although I find those are outdated and not on the same scale, so I don't feel this is the same thing), as well as Matt17br, Togo95 and Ulrich Ulriksen for feedback and suggestions.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?pas7qwos84eiobq

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Re: Fantasy Datase Generator

Messagepar Trekbmc » 08 Nov 2016, 17:23

I've updated the file with NCs, WCs and a couple of fixes for problems with the stats. :)

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?pas7qwos84eiobq

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar remip69 » 11 Nov 2016, 16:47

Hi

I try it but I have an error message that the Exporter doesn't work.
It work when I change things for a real db but it doesn't work with your Generator.
Do you an answer ?

remip69
Débutant

Messagepar Trekbmc » 11 Nov 2016, 19:12

Have you copied the data directly? That might mean that the changed cells in the editor are linking back to the database sheet rather than just containing the value, make sure you just select to paste just the values when copying the data across to the editor.

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Trekbmc » 03 Déc 2016, 23:30

I have finally managed to add teams to the file. You can now assign all the riders to the real life teams used in the Expansion Pack, which should make it much faster to play with a fantasy database. :)

Instructions:

1. Generate a list of riders
2. Go to the Sheet titled Draft, sort by Average (Column V).
3. Press Shift+F9 to recalculate only that sheet.
4. Delete Column X and remove and re-add the filters to those columns.
5. Sort by Number (Column A).
6. If you wish to view the teams, copy Team Names (Column X) into the space on sheet DBTeams after sorting that sheet by number, but that is not necessary.
7. On the sheet Draft, copy Team ID (Column Y) into the excel editor.

If you wish to remake the list of teams:

1. On sheet Draft, Sort by Average (Column U).
2. Remove the filters and Add a new Column in Column X.
3. Follow the steps to calculate the teams again.

Adding your own Fantasy Teams:

You will have to add the necessary details for each teams into the excel editor, for the draft:

Go to sheet Teams in the DB Generator, there you will see the WT teams, replace the names and only use the Nationality column if you want (you can put the full name of the country in there if you want, it does nothing). Make sure you add the division (10 for WT, 11 for PCT, 12 for CT).

Each stat column determines how much the team values each stat for each rider you can use the Real teams stats for a guide as to what they should look like.

The Average column determines how much the team values riders based on their average. Make sure it has a formula similar to =x+RAND() with x replacing the value.

The Country columns are of course for the impact of nationalities, write the full name of the country as used on the statsDB sheet and put the level of influence in the next column, make sure this is not to high as, for example if a CT team says they have a 100 preference on the Netherlands, they will take all the best Dutch riders over WT teams.

For the Region columns, you can add more specific regions, you will have to add the region ID found in DYN_region in whichever editor though, add the influence same as country.

A similar method can be used for languages and continents, check the similarly named sheets to see what you should put in the columns for which areas and which countries are in which (don't hate me if a country is in the wrong language, I placed usefulness over correctness).

In column Age put the age teams value having riders younger than, so if you put 24, they will try to sign 23 yo riders and younger. Influence decides the influence once again.

Go all the way over to column Max (Column DC) to change the number of riders in the team, this is currently a random number based on division but you can enter a new value.

That should be all you need to do, using trial and error with how teams turn out generally helps.

Feel free to ask me if you need any help with either of those, as it can get kinda complicated. :)

Since this file is larger, it is a different download, but you can download the file only for riders at one of the earlier download links in this thread. :)

A couple teams don't form so realistically due to weird nationalities that just aren't generated (f.e Funvic, Cycling Academy, Baku, Sky Dive), there's not so much I can do about them though (they are excellent choices to replace if you want your own custom team drafted by this file though. ;)

Also the real teams may not be perfect, it's not hard to adjust them though and I will take suggestions and feedback. :)

There are also a couple changes such as increasing the number of cobbled riders from Flanders in this download but nothing else major.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?2ef8cxbde3sypdw:)

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar albertopistolero » 12 Mar 2017, 19:44

Hi,
How you convert the Excel file in database file.

albertopistolero
Débutant

Messagepar Trekbmc » 18 Mar 2017, 20:51

Hey,

You can convert it using the excel editor, which you can download here: http://pcmdaily.com/infusions/pro_downl ... p?did=1072

If you need any more help just let me know. :)

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar albertopistolero » 07 Mai 2017, 11:42

thank you for your help

albertopistolero
Débutant

8 messages
Retourner vers Base de données