Bug Hill Stat PCM 17

Pour toutes vos questions sur des bugs ou problèmes, voire pour parler de PCM en lui même, c'est ici que ça se passe !

Bug Hill Stat PCM 17

Messagepar denberre » 17 Juin 2017, 19:38

Dear PCM France Community,

The hill stat does not work. Perhaps we hope that cyanide can fix it in a new patch. Watch the video to understand the problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNHYFp3YXQs

Regards,
The NCL Online Community

denberre
Débutant

Re: Bug Hill Stat PCM 17

Messagepar Joyako » 18 Juin 2017, 11:19

Very strange indeed.

You can also check the simulation files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pro Cycling Manager 2017\Xml

If you open Hill_Main.xml for example, which is supposedly the file for simulating hilly stages, you won't find the hill stat anywhere in it. Instead, there's the MO stat with the highest coefficient.

It might have to do with the way they changed the hill/mountain interaction last year, but I don't have any more info than that.

EDIT:

OK, so I did some testing on my own.
In the video you never go over 85%, why ?

I used the same setup, 2 riders with 75 in all stats except hill, 55/85. They even had same day form.

No difference <85% effort, that's right.

However, I made them attack on a steep hill, and there was a BIG difference. The 85 rider opened a 1' gap in like 800m. The difference there was that 55's hearthrate didn't even reach 180, whereas 85's was at 195. So, looks like the hill stat caps a rider's max HR.

Other try, 99% each on a climb again, same scenario. 55's didn't even use ANY of his red bar. Well, if you don't go high enough in HR, you don't use red. Logical.

Just to confirm, I had them attack and 99% on the flat. 55 and 85 behaved the same, 55's hr got as high and he consumed red.

Conclusion
The hill stat caps a rider's maximum hearthrate on climbs, thus caping the rate at which he can burn throught his red bar, thus caping his speed on climbs.

It makes perfect sense
Mountain would be the ability to climb
Hill would be explosivity =/= from acceleration

Joyako
Coureur pro

Re: Bug Hill Stat PCM 17

Messagepar StraightEdge » 22 Juin 2017, 05:15

You may not have noticed but it's quite obvious if you're in a break, AI jump their efforts over 85 everytime there's a bump and it goes right back to ~55 after that.

StraightEdge
Débutant

3 messages
Retourner vers Forum général